Wednesday, July 10, 2013

COMMUNICATION


7/10/13



Salutations;

Let’s get down to the nitty gritty of communications. Many folks HEAR but do not LISTEN. This was one of the first items mentioned in one of my classes years ago. Another by product of the same scenario is; making comments while the moderator is presenting his view, disrupting the flow of the class. Usually the moderator will open the floor to questions and comments during and after the presentation. I have a very difficult time with folks who interrupt. It’s downright rude and very impolite! But we live in a post modern culture, where nothing is sacred anymore. Have you ever been in a situation where someone asks you “HOW ARE YOU?” And proceed on their way without waiting for an answer! This is CRASS IGNORANCE, and DISRESPECTFUL! My Facebook says I have hundreds of social friends. Rarely does anyone respond to my posts, as if purposely ignored. Perhaps, it’s not of a social nature to respond? One thing comes to mind, maybe I’m wrong in assuming; me being a man of the cloth, folks are intimidated by my person or verbal gestures. I know for a fact that some are even jealous of the STRENGTH, I possess, physical, materially, & spiritually. That’s okay, I’ll NEVER judge you or make you feel insecure. When I was a child, the THING was “Children weren't made to be seen, or heard, just listen.” That stuck with me for years, part of that still hampers my communications. The loud mouth in the crowd always gets attention, in other words “the squeaky wheel gets the grease.” Some folks have all the ANSWERS to almost EVERYTHING, even before you have a chance to verbalize your own views, if you have the opportunity to express them. I know, I’m considered a simple bumpkin with minimal formal education, at least some folks perceive me as that!

Most folks have no idea WHO Paul Reimer is; probably won’t take the time to find out! That’s your loss! I will never make the Who’s Who, write a book, entertain thousands, appear on tv, get elected. And by the way, I’m so glad I wasn’t!!!!!! I won’t be a part of the degrading of society. I have been taught values, morals and will in no way bow to POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, devalue my stand. I take pride in who I am [in the Lord] and in society, I will hold my candle to anyone who dares to stand up with me. You may have faculties that outweigh mine, but when it comes to endurance in the race of life and knowledge of survival physically, emotionally and spiritually, I will succeed. It’s been said that you learn through the hard knocks of life, if that is the case, I'm a Champion. If you will / could take a few moments of your time to challenge [yes I’m up to that] and know the deep thoughts of my heart & mind, you might learn so much.

It reminds me of the email I have seen several times. A son asks his Father, “How much do you make?” The Father replies with a negative answer, and in disregard. Later the boy came back with ONE DOLLAR of his hard earned allowance. The Father sternly says, “What’s this??????” Waiting for a moment……The boy responds with a simple phrase. “Dad,,,,,,, Can I buy one dollars worth of your time?” The Father was crushed. J

--

R ~ Paul Reimer
Former Candidate
State House of Representatives
bootsreimer.blogspot.com
Chaplain "Boots"
cbpr842@q.com

No comments:

Post a Comment